It's officially been a year since I quit my job and decided to start Self Publishing my novels. While I do have a day job again, I still wanted to share my accomplishments in my first year as an author. It's a long journey to being a full time author and it's important to look back and see how far I've come. So here goes nothing!
1. I realized my dream by publishing Soothersayer on Amazon, B&N, KOBO and through createspace. And I held my novel in my hands for the very first time! Which was quickly followed by a panic attack, but we'll get there later.
2. I wrote Avalon in June 2015 and published the novella in September 2015 on Amazon, B&N, KOBO and createspace.
3. I hired a vocal artists through ACX to read Soothsayer and the audiobook will be available this summer, 2016.
4. I have about 95% of the third book in my, Trivium done and will be sending everything to my editor within the month.
5. This might be the hardest and most important accomplishment, but I can now call myself an author!
I've been able to call myself a writer for some time now, but reaching for the title of author was a little harder for me. A year later, after publishing my books and building my platform I feel like an author. If there's one thing that I can pass on, its to believe in yourself. The rest of the world will make it difficult for you to follow your dreams, but if you believe that you can do that's all that matters.
I was going to write a quick post about, lessons learned, but the blog post was starting to turn into a novella! I'll follow up with a video shortly on some of the lessons I've learned in the last year in the hope that I can help someone else who's just starting out.
Until Next Time!